MATERIALS CHEMISTRY (MAC)
WHAT DO WE STUDY?
Flexible Wearable Electronics - "wearables"
- An important area of future technological development
- Not just a smartwatch, but a whole range of wearable devices, including biosensors, implants, biomedical equipment, electrochemical cells utilizing body fluids to power these devices, and super-capacitors
- Potential to improve quality of life and safety
- Revolutionized the concept of object manufacturing
- Making an enormous impact on the industry and the economy
- Applications in countless fields: it has rendered practical solutions to scientific problems by offering tailored-shaped devices with exquisite control in design and geometry and through the versatility of printable materials
Electrochemistry of Nanomaterials
- Electrochemistry = driving force of modern technology
- In hearth in batteries in cars, supercapacitors in airplanes, in large processes producing clean fuels such as hydrogen or converting pollutants such as carbon dioxide and converting them to useful chemicals
- Utilization of active nanomaterials as carriers for drug delivery
- Highly targeted disease therapy development
THE OFFER OF THE MAC TEAM
- Development of electrochemical wearable sensors and self-powered devices to create a new generation of wearables.
- Development of 3D printing for the construction of catalytic systems for energy storage and energy generation devices as well as for bioanalytical chemistry devices. We aim for fully integrated 3D-printed devices.
- Basics of electrocatalysis of materials investigation and its application in order to improve the living conditions of humankind
- Utilization of active nanomaterials as carriers for drug delivery, toxicity and metabolism of nanomaterials research, highly targeted disease therapy development