BIOMECHANICAL HUMAN BODY MODELS (HBM)
WHAT ARE WE DEALING WITH?
We deal with injury prediction using virtual biomechanical models.
- Development of human models, including the "Virthuman" model
- Case and parametric studies, injury prediction
- Accident reconstruction
- Safety of future mobility
- Muscle-skeletal model of the human body
- Complex model of the shoulder joint
- Detailed hand model
- Gait analysis
- Interaction of the human body and medical equipment
- Prediction of injuries during childbirth, the effect of forceps and vacuum device, manual perineal protection
- Lower limb prosthesis optimization
- Kistler 9286BA portable power boards up to 10kN (600mm x 400mm)
- Commercial PC software: VPS, Ansys (advantages of both software: deformable FEM models, characterization of soft tissue properties, performing appropriate measurements) AnyBody Modeling System (advantages: bone shapes based on MRI and CT, real anatomy and physiology of joints, an active model with consideration of muscle attachments and trajectories)
- Custom PC software: Virthuman (VPS module) - advantages: MBS model with deformable segments, anthropometric and age scaling, simple positioning, fully validated, multipurpose use, injury prediction based on EuroNCAP
The offer of the HBM department
- Prediction and analysis of tissue load and injury in impact scenarios and medical applications
- Prediction of birth injuries based on virtual models and assessment of the impact of the intervention (obstetrician intervention)
- Analysis of postural balance, walking, jumping, etc.
- Injury prevention and performance analysis in sport
- Calculation of muscle activity in the prescribed movement
Examples of our services:
- Numerical analyzes of the effect of an impact on the human body, including an assessment of the existence of injuries (crash tests, traffic accidents)
- Musculoskeletal analysis of human body load
- Product optimization from the point of view of stress and safety (design and testing of personal protective equipment)
- Automotive industry and transport (crash tests, accident analyzes)
- Sport (injury prevention, performance prediction, optimization of protective equipment)
- Healthcare (prosthetics, optimization of procedures in medicine)
Current, selected projects - HBM
Virtual Human Model for the Prevention, Therapy, and Rehabilitation of Shoulder Complex Pathologies - Cross-Border Cooperation Program Czech Republic - Free State of Bavaria, EUS Objective 2014 - 2020, 1.10.2016 - 31.9.2019, project no. 38.
The main aim of this project is to find new methods of prevention, diagnosis, therapy, and rehabilitation of shoulder complex pathologies.
Obstetrics 2.0 - Virtual Models for Injury Prevention During Childbirth, Cross-border Cooperation Program Czech Republic - Free State of Bavaria, EUS Objective 2014 - 2020, 1.1.2018 - 31.12.2020, project no. 182
The main aim of this project is to optimize manual perineal protection (MPP) as a method that decreases injury risk during childbirth.
The project builds up a new international research partnership in the field of Human Cognitive Enhancement (HCE) and it will provide clear and accessible HCE-related analysis, guidelines, and directions for policymakers, stakeholders, HCE engineers and consumers. Its goal is to create a philosophically grounded, open and transparent framework for the description, assessment, and forecast of acceptability of HCE systems in public space and by society, as well as for HCE governance issues.